Wednesday, August 02, 2006

August round-up

Here's what's going on in Theatre-land this month:




Aug 4: Urinetown: The Musical opens at Morristown Theatre Guild. Some of my favorite Morristown performers are in it: Susan Christophel (Bat Boy's redneck citizen), Kayla Ricker (Sweeney's Mrs. Lovett), Destry Cloud (West Side's cutey-pie). There are gonna be a lot of Knoxville kids making the trip up to Mo-town for this one.

Aug 11: The Memory of Water at the Oak Ridge Playhouse. All I know about this production is that I get e-mails from ORP telling me to get my tickets now!! Is there a mad Oak Ridge rush to see dark comedies I'm unaware of? Maybe there's a mad rush to see Steve Belding topless.




Aug 24: Unidentified Human Remains and the True Nature of Love opens at the Black Box Theatre. Tony Cedeno, who has graced the CBT stage many a time over the years, is newly at the helm of this nudey-slasher. (My favorite all-time Tony performances? As Max in Bent and as the dentist in Little Shop.) Why should you see this show? One hyphenated word: carpet-munching.




Aug 24: Born Yesterday opens at the Clarence Brown Theatre. I still don't know anything about this one, but I'm sure it will be real pretty. I wonder who is directing this one. Calvin perhaps?

Meanwhile, at the CCP, performances of Cuckoo's Nest, Smoke on the Mountain (kill me), and Singin' in the Rain continue this month. Furthermore, why have you not seen Hedwig yet?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

are you serious about a convoy up to see Urinetown at Mo? I know lots of folks who'd be wanting to join in on that road trip. BEWARE Mo-town is a beer/wine only area, liquify before you go.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home